One of the things that gets me excited is knowing and seeing the work that God is doing around the world. He is busy lifting people out of despair and giving them hope. He is fitting children into families who were tossed aside as if a piece of trash. He is educating girls to give them good futures. He is feeding the hungry and giving shelter to the homeless. He is setting real people who are caught in slavery free. He is doing so many good things around this world, and the best part of this is that as a believer, I get to help Him!!! When things look dark and I start to wonder what is happening to this world, I remember all the things that He has done and is doing.
On Friday, I will join a team of 7 women traveling to Bangladesh on a short-term mission trip. I get to be a tiny part of all the wonderful things that are happening in this country. I first learned about Bangladesh when my favorite mission pastor, Omar Garcia, told me stories of when he rode a boat for days down the river distributing Bibles and sharing the gospel message. His stories were full of adventure as I am certain that they got ran out of town a few times. I also have other friends who have made their way to this country, and I am excited to see the fruit of what God has been doing there for many years.
If you would like to also be part of this adventure and what God is doing, you can pray for us!! Here are some of the things we will be doing under the leadership of the missionaries there:
- Leading a retreat for the girls of the Light of Hope Learning Center in Chittagong,
- Meeting with and encouraging national women believers.
- Teaching Bible stories and doing games, and music with boys and girls in two centers in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Teaching the Bible and doing crafts with moms and young women.
Please pray for:
- Health and travel safety of our team members to Bangladesh. Peace about those we are leaving behind.
- Final planning and preparation.
- Strength, unity, and bonding of our team. Our team is made up of people from Norway and Texas! May God unify our minds and bond our hearts to each other. May He help us to work together as a team to fulfill His purposes.
- Missionaries Jeff and Rebecca and their children. Pray for their emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being. Pray that God will use them powerfully.
- The three centers and their staff. Praise God for this incredible ministry to the children of Dhaka and Chittagong. Pray that God will provide for the staff and strengthen and grow them spiritually. Pray for their effectiveness as teachers and spiritual mentors. Pray that God will supply all the financial needs of the centers and that they would stay right in the center of God’s will and purposes for them.
- The children – pray for them in every possible way you can think of – their salvation, their spiritual growth, their health, their protection from trafficking, their futures, their families
I am dusting off this blog and attempt to post updates while are there. I will also try to post pictures. We would love for you to be part of this exciting opportunity.